My reason for coming into Teaching

My reason for choosing the path of becoming a teacher is to allow my younger generation to have a role model in life to look up to, I come from a family of many strong independent people that thrive to be successful on their own. Although we are people who live off the land we are also  one with it.
We always think about what will be left for our younger generation and knowledge is all that we have. I come from a family of  strong males and myself being the only female besides my grandmother and mother we must hold tight on to the knowledge we have and pass it down. During the year of 2005 on June the 6th a significant man in my life started his journey to heaven a man who was known as the local Piako community kapa haka tutor and known as the man who loved and was loved by many engraving his knowledge heart and soul into each and every student that attended Tauhei,Tatuanui,David Street and Morrinsville Intermediate and college leaving big shoes to fulfill  and this is where my journey began. With big shoes to full and a supportive whanau from Whakatohea reaching all the way to Ngati Kahungungu to here Tainui started.

 Although there are a lot of reason i choose the path the real question is why not.


Ko wai au?