What makes me so special

                                                            

Special is a word that doesn't reflect true quality there fore I am unique in my own way. From my humorous Ngati Kahungunu laughter to my Ngati wairere smile of grace to my Whakatohea staunchness each reflecting the traits of my tupuna. Kāore te kumara e kōrero mō tōna ake reka. Although the kumara does not talk about how sweet she is, because the sweet and bitter taste isn't whats important its the seed from deep within.What sweet and bitter taste you ask?That sweet taste on the tip of your tongue when you reach for the Christmas pavlova on the table surrounded by whanau and the wairua in the room is what makes it sweet and that bitter taste follows with "Disgusting" behavior when sitting in a marae hui where whanau are fighting and really your people are only fighting themselves. And whats unique about the seed?Its a seed handed down from tupuna to whanau and then reaching you. Although that isn't what makes me special its what makes me unique. Despite my constant laughter I am serious when I need to be, sometimes I smile when deep down I'm mad, my staunch chill look while in deep thought all contributes to what makes me unique.


Ko wai au?